In the intensely competitive Field Workforce Management market, change is the only constant. The onus to innovate using a technology-driven approach is driving the global Field Service Management (FSM) industry, which is set to touch USD 5.1 billion by 2020.
According to Gartner, the current market penetration of on-field service applications is 25%, implying that 75% of companies have created their own systems to manage on-ground workforce.
To this end, organizations must deploy cutting-edge technological solutions to streamline their operations, improve productivity and reduce costs.
Managing On-Field Workforce Efficiently
In many companies, the processes for Field Workforce Management (FWM) are not geared for efficiency. For the field services segment, the management of on-ground workforce can be both complicated and expensive.
The need of the hour is to optimize workforce management and resolve challenges such as:
- Poor skill base
- Challenges in allocating jobs
- Tracking on-field workforce in real-time
- Managing workforce attendance and task compliance
- Roadblocks on last-mile delivery across different geographic locations
Here are three effective ways of managing your on-field workforce better:
1. Automation via Artificial Intelligence
Through mobile workforce automation, you are able to optimize processes like task allocation & management, live tracking and employee payment. This reduces manual errors and lets organizations perform complex analytics on workflow management to identify and solve problems on the spot.
To this end, advancements in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology have made it possible to transform field workforce management, boost manpower efficiency and save costs.
Such future-ready solutions can accomplish the following goals:
- Automate task management based on a quantifiable set of parameters
- Score on-field workforce intelligently
- Match the right partner for the right job
- Grade customers on the basis of previous tasks and overall experience
- Detect fraud and ensure workforce safety
2. Simplification of Workflow
On-ground employees need to be at different locations on an everyday basis. Traditional systems of attendance and compliance management are becoming increasingly redundant because of their inability to track workforce in real-time and maintain proper reports.
In contrast, a technology-driven field workforce management platform simplifies the entire process and gets everyone on the same page.
Be it monitoring the attendance of employees from any location, live tracking your on-field employees, or getting notified about delays – you create your own ground rules to manage your workforce effectively.
3. Analytics via Cloud Dashboards
Cloud-based dashboards offer an excellent solution to the challenges of on-field workforce management.
By delivering a streamlined view of reports from far-flung corners on a single visual platform, they help you stay on top of everything to drive improved ground workforce productivity.
Here’s how cloud dashboards help you manage your mobile workforce better:
- Onboard your team and auto-assign tasks
- Effective mobile workforce management and reporting
- Complete visibility of field workforce
- Real-time tracking
- Eliminate paperwork
- Identify custom health indicators to identify subtle trends
- Better resource utilization
- Monitor productivity metrics
- Anytime, anywhere access
- Speedy deployment
For modern businesses with evolving requirements, the management of on-field workforce needs a proactive approach that challenges the status quo. Game changers are not deterred by challenges; they find opportunities where others see threats and go the extra mile to ensure all-round success.
Schedule a free consultation with us to find out how TrackOne to power your field workforce or fill the form below to let us get in touch with you.